Monday, March 7, 2011

Some good news and some bad news

The good news first! Mom says we can get a puppy! :D I want a golden retriever, but my sister wants a chocolate lab. We have to decide soon. We're going to look at puppies tomorrow, and mom wants us to pick one then. Some of them aren't ready to leave their moms yet though, so we might not get our puppy tomorrow. We already agreed to get a girl puppy, but mom says we have to agree on the breed by tomorrow after we go see the puppies. I really want a golden retriever! I even have pajamas with a golden retriever on them! I'll ask Elyssa to take a pic of me wearing them later.

Now, for the bad news. My brother's cancer is probably back. He has a tumor in his brain and mom said the doctor told her his blood work was "abnormal". He has to go to the doctor on Wednesday for more tests, but he's not scared at all. Eli is so brave! He told me and Elyssa that he's been getting headaches and feeling dizzy for a few weeks, but he didn't want to worry mom because I have to have surgery soon. He had neuroblastoma when he was 2, lymphoma when he was 6 which caused him to get bone cancer when he was 7, and kidney failure when he was 10. He had to get a transplant! Our cousin was a perfect match, so she donated one of her kidneys to him. She's 16 now. Eli has always been really brave. When I was sick when I was little, he always held my hand. He taught me to read while I got chemo when I was 4. He's such a great big brother!

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your brother's potential bad news! We hope that the doctors can figure out what's wrong and treat it quickly so he can feel well again.

    Have you considered getting a dog from the animal shelter? They usually have a lot of nice puppies.

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor,
    I'm sorry to hear that your brother has cancer again. It's got to be tough to have all of you getting cancer at different times. But, you are one tough family! I'm glad you and your brother are so close; he sounds awesome! I'm an only child, so I don't have any siblings, but I wish I did. I have a cousin who lives with me, so that close. Can't wait to see what kind of puppy you get!
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taylor, how is my best friend doing? I can't believe you guys are getting a dog! Think you can convince your mom to get both? That way they wouldn't be lonely! I'd definitely be willing to puppysit for you whenever! :P

    I'm sorry to hear about your brother. :( He's such a brave guy! I have a lot of respect for you guys. You are such an inspiration to me!

    I wonder if I can convince my mom to let us get a pet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're going to the doctor first thing tomorrow for Eli. I have to get checked out too because I had a fever this morning. :/

    I'm not sure where our puppy will come from, but our cat is from the shelter. He's a nice kitty, but he mostly stays outside and doesn't like to cuddle. Reagan, we asked her for both, and she laughed at us! I think that means no. Maybe Eli can give her his puppy face tomorrow and change her mind. He's really good at that! You should ask your mom. I hope she says yes.

    Hannah, my cousin kind of looks like you (you're really pretty!), but she lives far away in New York City. I don't get to see her very often. It's nice having my brother and sister around most of the time. We take care of each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope both of your doctor appointments go well tomorrow! Let us know how it turns out.

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, Taylor, we had a question if you don't mind us asking. Does your father live with you too, or do you just live with your mom?

    We live with just our one guardian, in case you were wondering too.

    -The Green Girls (again)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sitting in the waiting room. It's boring. I forgot my book because we were running late, so mom is letting me use her iPhone! I want an iPhone, but she says I'm too young.

    Our dad lives with us, but he has to work A LOT. He's a doctor. Our mom stays at home to take care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's cool that your dad is a doctor. Felicity is thinking of being a doctor, too, when she gets older.

    We hope your appointment goes great!

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to be a veterinarian, so I kind of want to be a doctor too!

    ReplyDelete