Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's my birthday!

I am 11 years old! My grandparents are staying with me and my sister because Eli is still in the hospital. This morning, my grandma and Elyssa surprised me with breakfast in bed. Grandma made heart shaped waffles, and Elyssa made me a strawberry smoothie! It was delicious! This afternoon, grandpa took me for a ride in his really old classic car. He doesn't drive it very often because it's an antique and would be really hard to fix if something happened to it. It was so much fun! For lunch, we (my grandparents, Elyssa, and me) went to this fancy French bistro. I had quiche! It was wonderful! We've been in the pool since we got home from lunch, and grandpa is grilling steaks and corn on the cob for dinner. Mom and dad are going to come home from the hospital to have dinner with us. For dessert, we're going to have red velvet cake! It's my favorite kind of cake! After dinner, grandma says I can open my presents. She's keeping them hidden, so I have no idea what she got me. I know what Elyssa and Eli got me though because Eli is a terrible secret keeper. They got me some new books! I hope my mom got me a new doll, but I haven't seen any big brown boxes lately, so she might not have gotten it. I'll try to post some pictures soon! My grandma doesn't have a digital camera, just the kind with film, so all the pictures she took have to be developed and scanned.

As for Eli, his fever is down thanks to some vancomycin, but he's still going to be in the hospital for a few days. His blood counts are really low. He might have to have a transfusion. I hope he gets better soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun birthday. :-)

    It's always nice to have good food and time with grandparents. (And even your favourite cake.) We're glad your parents are going to get to celebrate with you too.

    We hope Eli feels better soon.

    Happy birthday, Taylor!

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Taylor! I'm glad you are having such a fun time celebrating. Hope you enjoy your new book.
    Love,
    Summer and Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete