Sunday, June 26, 2011

My birthday is really soon!

Guess what! My birthday is exactly one week from today, on July 3rd! My mom says I can do anything I want, as long as it's legal and within 20 miles from our house, but I don't know what to do. I will be turning 11! I am so excited! As of right now, my siblings and I are pretty healthy. I got chemo on Friday, and I still feel pretty good, just a little tired. My doctor said we can wait to do my next dose on July 5th so that I will feel good for my birthday. Eli is also doing much, much better. All that means I could do something outside the house, for once! Last year, Elyssa was really sick, so we couldn't have a party. Only my grandparents came to visit, but my mom made up for it by letting me have extra cake. We're having a cook out/pool party for the 4th of July, but my mom says we can do a little something extra for my friends since the cook out is going to be just family. Maybe a picnic in the park? I don't know!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you three are feeling good.

    Picnics are a lot of fun. That's a good idea. You could also do something like bowling or a movie or a museum. Perhaps even an amusement park if there's one nearby. (We don't have one in our province but they seem more common in the United States, and that would be a fun party.) You could even do something crazy like karaoke.

    Happy almost birthday.

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wish we had an amusement park close by! I've never been to one. None of us have. Maybe next year. The closest ones are both about an hour and a half away.

    ReplyDelete