Sunday, February 27, 2011

Introductions

Hi! This is my very first post on my very first blog, so I thought I'd use this post to introduce myself. I'm ten years old, and I live in Cincinnati, OH. I have Li-Fraumeni Syndrome. LFS is a really rare genetic condition that results in lots of different types of cancer. My doctors say it's a "predisposition" syndrome because LFS doesn't actually *cause* cancer, it just makes it more likely that you *get* cancer. So far, I've only had two different cancers. I had acute lymphoblastic leukemia when I was four years old, but I went into remission at age seven and was in remission until just a few months ago. Now, I have Ewing's Sarcoma in my left leg, but I'm going to beat that too. I decided to make a blog so that everyone can see that my life isn't that different from a normal kid's. Anyway, enough about the cancer.

In my spare time, I enjoy hanging out with my friends, reading, cheerleading, and gymnastics. I love all kinds of animals and want to be a veterinarian someday. My mom says maybe I can get a puppy soon! What kind should I get?

Here are some pics of me:

Christmas 2010, two weeks before diagnosis

Chemo + me = bald


New wig, just before surgery

Today was a nice day, and I felt well enough to go out


6 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor. I'm Abby. My stupid human is typing for me (need fingers to do that, I guess). Anyway, I think anyone can have a dog, you need a shark! I think a shark would be a really cool pet. And if anyone messed with you about your cancer you could get your shark to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in a kinda small apartment. I'm not sure a shark would fit... Maybe I could ask for a turtle though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A turtle is fairly close to dragons, so you should definitely look into one of those! :D

    ~Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom said no. :( She says that turtles carry salmonella and that she doesn't want us to get sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Taylor. It's Kanani. My owner is also typing for me. I'm sorry you have cancer. My owner feels for you because once she had to have a freckle removed because the doctors thought it might have been cancer. She also donated her hair for locks of love and working on doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, it me McKenna! I hope you make it through LFS! I think your blog is amazing! Maybe if you have time you could check out mine?! ;)

    ReplyDelete